Plan on having a Taco Tuesday?! This Mexican Street Corn, sometimes called by its Spanish name, elotes, is the perfect side to compliment your fiesta! It’s a perfect summer dish and a great way to spice up some corn on the cob while it is in season.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
2 ears of corn
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 lime, halved
3 tablespoons cotija cheese, crumbled
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
Make it your own: Add some red pepper for some extra heat, or use taco seasoning to add a deep blend of spices.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, chili powder, and juice from ½ lime in a bowl and mix well.
- Grill corn for about 7-8 minutes, or until it has nice char marks.
- Spread sour cream mixture evenly over corn.
- Combine parmesan cheese, cotija cheese, and cilantro in small bowl.
- Sprinkle cheese and cilantro mixture over corn.
- Use remaining ½ lime to serve lime wedges with the corn.
- Enjoy and be sure to have lots of napkins ready!
Tip: If you don’t have a grill or live in an apartment, like me, simply use a cast iron skillet to achieve the grill marks while cooking indoors!