For my birthday this year I got a food processor from Dyl and I can’t stop experimenting! We’ve been trying new things left and right. We continue to be amazed by what it can do. My favorite so far: peanut butter. Even if I never make anything else in my food processor, this makes it worth it. It takes a matter of minutes and makes you feel like a magician!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Servings: makes 1 cup
2 cups peanuts
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon sugar
Make it your own: Create a flavored peanut butter to go with whatever you’re eating! Add some cinnamon, honey or even chocolate! Use your imagination!
- Set up the food processor with the chopping blade and put the peanuts in the food processor.
- Pulse the food processor 5-10 times to chop the peanuts finely.
- Process on low for about 5 minutes until peanuts become creamy and smooth, stopping to scrape sides as necessary.
- Add sugar and salt a little bit at a time, pulsing to incorporate. Remember you can always add more, but you can’t take it out. During this step taste every time you add a little until it is how you like it. You may end up adding more or less then what I recommended!
- Enjoy on sandwiches, dessert, fruit, or by the spoonful!
Tip: Make a few batches at once and save it in mason jars for the rest of the week. Also, you can use this process with almost any kind of nut – try making almond butter, cashew butter, or even sunflower butter!