Breakfast is something Dyl & I love. During the week I’m usually eating cereal out of a baggie on my way to work. On weekends I cherish being able to cook and enjoy a nice hot breakfast. I also love ordering breakfast sandwiches at restaurants or even from fast food places, but nothing beats making your own breakfast sandwich with all the fixins just the way you like it, enjoying it in the coziness of your own home. I make these almost every weekend for Dyl and I usually make a smaller version for myself with only 1 egg. They definitely hit the spot and are easy to make. My secret for any recipe I make with bacon is to reuse the bacon grease however I can and for these I fry the eggs in it. You could also make some potatoes in the bacon grease. Yum!
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 slice of cheese
2 slices of bacon
Toppings of your choice (Dyl loves using maple syrup, sriracha, and sometimes wasabi, while I love tomatoes and onions)
Make it your own: Use an english muffin or a croissant instead of a bagel, use sausage instead of bacon, add veggies, opt for a scrambled egg patty instead of a runny yolk!
- Cook bacon in a non-stick skillet.
- While bacon is cooking, toast bagel.
- When bagel is toasted place a slice of cheese on one side.
- When bacon is finished place on bagel.
- Turn stove to medium low and cook eggs in bacon grease to liking (I made mine over easy).
- Put eggs on bagel.
- Top with any sauces or veggies you like.
- Serve with any of your breakfast essentials like coffee, OJ, hashbrowns, or fruit!
- Enjoy the most important meal of the day!
Tip: If you use a scrambled egg patty you can form sandwiches ahead of time, freeze them in plastic wrap, and then microwave them for a hearty, quick breakfast.