Blueberry season is in full swing and we have been eating blueberries non stop since picking 9 lbs at a local farm and we’ve incorporated them into lots of recipes. Breakfast is our favorite meal and when you get the time to make a warm, hearty breakfast, it can make your whole day or even your week. Mixing blueberries into your favorite waffle mix is such an easy way to use them and adds some extra flavor and freshness to a plain waffle breakfast.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Waffle Mix and ingredients needed (oil, eggs, etc.)
3/4 cup blueberries
Whipped cream and maple syrup for serving
Make it your own: Add fresh strawberries to the mix or even some nuts for crunch!
- Make waffle batter according to box directions or your own recipe for 4-6 servings.
- Add 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries to batter and stir to incorporate.
- Prepare waffles on a waffle iron.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Top all waffles with remaining 1/4 cup blueberries.
- Serve with maple syrup and any sides you want. I made bacon with mine.
- Enjoy and get your day started off right!
Tip: Making your own whipped cream is easy, fun, and only takes a few minutes. Make it fresh with your breakfast with my recipe here!