This flatbread is a fresh take on your average pizza. It will fill you up just the same but won’t leave you feeling bloated from lots of grease and cheese. It’s a perfect meal for a sunny day and a great way to use up some avocados before they get too soft. You can also incorporate leftover meat and produce!
Serves: 4 two-slice portions
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Refrigerated pizza dough (I used Pillsbury Pizza Crust)
2 ripe avocados
1 cup chopped tomato
¼ cup sliced red onion
3 tablespoons balsamic dressing
¼ cup Feta cheese
3 sliced cooked bacon
1 cup cooked chicken (optional)
Make it your own: Use steak instead of beef or put a Mexican twist on it with queso fresco instead of feta and adding some lime and spices instead of balsamic.
- Cook bacon in oven (425° for 14 min) or on stove top, or just use pre-cooked bacon!
- Bake pizza crust according to package directions.
- While pizza crust and bacon are cooking, saute tomatoes and onions in balsamic dressing for 3-5 minutes or until soft. Stir in cooked chicken to allow chicken to be coated in flavor.
- Once pizza crust is finished, mash the avocado flesh onto the crust (this would be the “sauce” if it were a traditional pizza).
- Top with tomato, onion, and chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with feta and bacon.
Tip: If you want to make it with chicken or another protein use leftover grilled or shredded meat to save some time and avoid wasting! You can also use a pita or naan bread to save time and make a personal-sized flatbread.