The Lumineers became one of my favorite bands ever since I heard their first album. They just put out their new album about a month ago and even after a 4 year wait it is just as amazing as the last. I put together my top five songs from the album, all are perfect for singing a long, laying in bed on a rainy day, or taking a road trip.
Cheese and bacon – that’s what makes a salad delicious! This refreshing salad full of bold flavors is my go-to! You can serve it as a side, or add protein and make it a meal. It’s always great and makes for a nice crisp salad with all the feel-good of comfort foods.
Serves: 2 large salads or 4 side salads
Prep Time: 20 minutes
1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
3 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
⅓ of a cucumber cut into half-moons
¼ of a red onion sliced
Feta cheese for topping
Make it your own: Add more veggies or chicken, steak, or a boiled egg for a more complete filling meal. My measurements are just suggestions! If you love cucumber, bacon, or anything else just add more!
- Cook bacon however you prefer (I prefer stove-top, but for this I throw it in the oven at 425º for 12-15 min so I can cut veggies while the bacon crisps up)
- While bacon is cooking, chop romaine
- Cut cucumbers and red onions and add to salad distributing evenly among servings.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and top with croutons
- When bacon is cool enough to touch, crumble over salads
- Serve with balsamic vinaigrette
Tip: If this becomes a favorite salad of yours (like me), keep pre-cut cucumbers and red onions on hand to minimize prep time and enjoy multiple times throughout the week.